Monday, November 8, 2010

Shibyo Osen a.k.a. Dead Rising - Japan

          Director:  Keiji Inafune
          Year:  2010
          Plot:  "Loosely based on the Dead Rising 2 game, Shobyo Osen is a spin-off story that takes place in a world where the zombie outbreak has spread all over the world, including Japan.  Areas with the infected are quarantined from the rest of the world, leaving the uninfected residents to fend for themselves against the horde of hungry zombies. Two of these people are brothers George and Shin, who decide to hatch a plan to escape after they find themselves trapped in a zombie-infested area."


          This movie was released as episodes for online viewing from Capcom.  I watched it on AsianHorrorMovies.com at this link.   There were those who said not to watch it if you were a fan of Asian horror movies.  I watched it anyway.
          I have to say, besides the dubbing and obviously low budgeted effects, it wasn't a bad movie.  The zombies weren't the greatest I have seen, but they also weren't the worst.  The thing that held this movie together for me was George.  He is facing a great obstacle, and I don't mean the zombies.  George is handicapped.  Not exactly your typical zombie movie star.  
          I couldn't stop watching this movie until the end.  I had to know what happened to George, and I have to say, I wasn't expecting the ending.  I know it was likely to happen, but I got so attached to George.  Now you probably get what I mean, but the way it is done, I hadn't expected.


          I would suggest watching this movie, but of course not when you want a great scary horror movie.  The effects may not be the greatest, but the characters are pretty well done.  If you do follow the link and watch it, don't shut it off until the very end.  The credits play before the movie actually ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment