Monday, November 8, 2010

Masters of Horror - Dream Cruise - Japan/America

          Director:  Norio Tsuruta
          Year:  2007
          Plot:  "Absolutely terrified of the sea, an American lawyer reluctantly goes on an ocean cruise to be near the wife of a client, with no idea of the grim situation that awaits them all."


          I think i had expected a little more of this movie.  The story was just not put together enough for me.  Sure we got the basics, but there wasn't enough of anything for you to really care about the characters.  I really couldn't have cared less if one of them died, and it did bother me greatly that only one person dies (minus the already dead ghosts).  I have to say that the ghost was creepy, for the first few minutes.  Then the green glowing got really cheesy, and the movie fell apart.
          This wasn't the greatest movie, but then again it wasn't the complete worst either.  I had some time to kill and this did the job.  It wasn't the best, but the ghost of Sean did save the movie a bit in my mind.  The problem is that the ghost of Naomi is a vengeful spirit.  She wouldn't have just stopped like that.


          Unless you have absolutely nothing better to do, skip this one.  Like I said, unless you are really bored this one is not going to entertain you.  It isn't really scary at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment