Sunday, November 28, 2010

Death Bell - Korea

          Director:  Yoon Hong-Seung
          Year:  2008
          Plot:   "After Kang Yi-na is nearly strangled and another student throttled in the restroom, the classroom TV screen switches to an image of top-ranking student Hye-yeong trapped inside a fish tank that is slowly filling with water. A disembodied voice announces that her life depends on the exam questions he will set for them, and that a student will die for every question the class gets wrong."


          I have to say that I found this movie pretty entertaining.  The storyline is pretty good and kept together well with the death scenes.  I wasn't however scared by a single point in the entire movie.  It just wasn't scary.  I suppose this has to do with the fact that the deaths and such were very impersonal.  I was however very upset when one of the guys died, not going to say who, but I liked him.  Lately it seems my favorite characters are always the ones who get it.
          Oh yeah.  The thing that kept me interested was the questions that tried to point out the truth about a girl's suicide.  You constantly try to figure out what is really going on when watching the movie, but this isn't possible until the end.  I love movies that attempt to challenge you, though this one is not possible for you to solve on your own before the ending.  Despite that it was still very entertaining to watch.
          The only other problem I had with this movie, other than it not being scary, was most of the students.  They got on my nerves a lot, but that is pretty normal for horror movie characters.  It was the main two students who held the stupidity and craziness of the others in some sort of balance.  Without those two, the story wouldn't have held up with the other students involved.


          This movie is one that I do suggest, though not really for those who are looking for any scares.  However, though it may not be scary, the storyline is interesting enough not to waste your time entirely.


No comments:

Post a Comment