Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nightmare (Gawi) - Korea

          Director:  Byeong-ki Ahn
          Year:  2000
          Plot:  "Hye-jin's homecoming should have been a joyous occasion. She was especially happy to see her childhood friend again, the shy Eun-ju. However, when a secret is revealed, harsh words are exchanged. Seven friends will die one by one for protecting a terrible secret. Can a vengeful spirit be stopped? What is this mysterious tape that everyone is asking about?"


          I found this one on IMDb as a recommendation for one of the movies I was looking for more information on.  Now the plot keywords sparked my interest (the first one) and I just had to check this one out.
          Now this movie had its good points, but I didn't find it at all scary.  The problem with this one was that I found the ghost to be rather sad and just in what she did.  They all deserved it, for what they did to her.  I mean she didn't hurt Hye-jin who had nothing to do with it.  Also all Eun-ju wanted was to be friends with Hye-jin and her group.  She didn't deserve what she got, so I didn't feel at all sorry for the rest of them.
          There was a few good death scenes in this one, which made the movie worth while.  I also have to say that the actors and actresses in this one are all rather attractive. ^.~
          I would have to say that one of the only "bad" points in the movie is when the lawyer guy goes crazy.  He is a little over the top and it gets a little irritating while it lasts.  Other than that there weren't any notable "bad" parts in the movie.  It could be a little choppy at points, but not too bad.


          I do suggest watching this movie.  It is worth your time, though it isn't scary at all if you feel for Eun-ju at all.  It will definitely use up a some down time and not leave you feeling completely disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment