Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ju-on: Shiroi Roujo - Japan

          Director:  Ryûta Miyake
          Year:  2009
          Plot:  "At a certain house, a son brutally and methodically murders all five of his family members after failing a bar exam.  He then hangs himself, leaving behind a cassette recorder at the scene on which he can be heard saying 'Go...Go now' in unison with a strange female voice."


          Now I have been in a Ju-on kick lately and have been trying to watch all of the movies.  This one is not  related to the others very much.  I do believe that the Kayako's curse does have to do with this, though she doesn't get involved.  It seems that the house that this movie has to do with, belonged to Kyoko from the first two Ju-on movies.  Toshio also makes a short appearance, which shows that Kayako's curse may have led the son to do what he did.
          Now this is done as short stories, just like the originals.  I was kind of unsure about what I was expecting when I started this movie, but I soon had my mind made up.  This one definitely had some scary elements for me.  The old woman just creeped me out.  It took a lot for me to actually keep my eyes on the screen while she was on (not while she was all non-dead though).  This also might have to do with me finding a lot of elder people creepy.  I don't know why, but I do.
          This one wasn't directed by Takashi Shimizu, but unlike the American Grudge not made by him, I felt that this one was actually decent.  The story was written by Shimizu, so it all still incorporates his original story.  It may have been better if he were to have directed it, but it wasn't a waste of time with this director either.


           I suggest giving this movie a chance.  I don't think it will be a waste of time.  Especially if you find some elder people creepy.  n.n


No comments:

Post a Comment