Saturday, October 2, 2010

Coming Soon - Thailand

          Director:  Sopon Sukdapisit
          Year:  2008
          Plot:  "It will get you wondering if Something or Someone might be waiting for you to let your guard down. The horror movie that you just saw is about to happen to you in real life! Coming Soon."

          Now many people on asian-horror-movies.com said that this movie was scary.  Hearing that from ahm fans, I decided I had to check this one out for myself.  With this movie, I am glad I did, and my sister will definitely be watching this one, if I can talk her into it.  It is really very hard to get her to watch horror movies, even in the middle of the day.  I do love to watch her jump from these movies, and I know for sure that this one will do it easily.
          Even though the ghosts make up was really fake at some instances, it made sense with the storyline being that it was done up as a character on a movie within this movie.  Even with the fake make up look, the ghost scared me more than once.  n.n  As I have said before, it isn't easy to get a scare out of me.  And I don't count the occasional little jump from way too loud music.  It is a cheap trick that doesn't make a good horror movie.  I have to be scared by actual images or what not, not just loud music.  So this movie did it's job well.
          This is pretty much the essence of a movie I have been looking for, a movie with decent scares and a decent storyline.  The movie does start off a bit slow, but that in no way takes away from the ending.  If you felt for Chen the main character, the ending is rather sad.  Well I wouldn't say the ending, because there is a little more to the movie after the end of the Chen and Som story line.

          I definitely suggest watching this movie.  It is really worth your time, and I actually bought this and put it into my collection.  It has an interesting storyline, and some pretty good scares.  There were quite a few people who have decided to rank this one as on of their top asian horror movie, and I am now one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment