Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cadaver - Thailand

          Director:  Dunyasit Niyomkul
          Year:  2006
          Plot:  "In Bangkok, the medical student Mai has her first contact with cadavers in the anatomy class; however, after touching the dead body, she is haunted by the ghost of a woman. The Dean, Professor Winai, advises her to follow another career, but Professor Prakit offers to help Mai supersede her fears and beliefs."


          I have put this one off for awhile now, because the plot never really struck me.  Instead I went and watched movies that others said were good and had decent sounding plots.  I wish I had switched this one with Whispering Corridors, or Nightmare Detective.  The reason is that Cadaver actually had some scares in it.
          There were a few parts throughout the movie where I got a bit confused, but they soon righted those instances in the movie.  I wouldn't say Cadaver is one of my favorite Asian horror movies, but it is still pretty good. You get the feeling while watching it that something isn't what they say it is, after all Mai is the only one in her group getting haunted.  After that you start trying to figure out what the real connection is along with Mai herself.
          All in all I feel that this is a pretty decent movie.  It has its scares in it and a decent storyline, though it is not the best movie I have seen.  It isn't bad.


          I suggest you give this movie a shot.  It is worth a lazy afternoon, but don't expect the best movie you have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment