Monday, September 20, 2010

Mirror - Indonesia

Director: Hanny Saputra
Year: 2005
Plot: "Kikan was a cheerful girl, but suddenly she turned into a quiet loner when she discoverd she had very disturbing gift.  The gift she discovered was that she could see the shadow of death of people in mirrors."

I have watched a few previous asian horror movies. One of them was the Indonesian movie Mirror starring Nirina Zubir. The plot is pretty simple, Kikan (Nirina Zubir) was a cheerful girl, but suddenly she turned into a quiet loner when she discoverd she had a very disturbing gift, a gift that allowed her to see the death of others in mirrors.
In all, the movie is really good. It isn't scary at the end at all. Instead, it is really sad. I ended up crying, which I never expected to do while watching a horror movie.  I am quite serious.  Even with somewhat sad endings to other movies, they weren't even close to being tearjerkers, but this one definitely was.  It was very touching.  I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, but I guess it is a good thing that it did.  I have remembered this movie well despite all the movies I have watched.  The main reason was the very memorable and sad ending.

Watch this movie.  You just might love it, even if it doesn't scare you too much.  n.n   This might be kind of hard to find because of all the other movies with Mirror in the title, so here is a link to Mirror part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment