Friday, September 24, 2010

Cinderella - Korea




          Director:  Man-dae Bong
          Year:  2006
          Plot:  "Hyun-soo's happiness comes to an end as her friends who have received facial surgery from her mother start to commit mysterious suicides by cutting out their faces.  She also starts to feel that there is someone else in the house where she lives alone with her mother."

          Cinderella turned out to be a decent movie.  The storyline had a twist that was enjoyable, but there was absolutely no scares in it for me.  Nothing even got my heart going.  Even so, I would definitely watch this movie again when I am not in the mood for being scared.
          I really felt sorry for both of the girls, Hyun-soo and the ghost girl.  The mom on the other hand was just horrible.  I know she wanted her daughter, but what she did was so wrong.  That one act destroyed their lives and that of Hyun-soo's friends.  It was just selfish.  You can't really forgive someone for being that selfish even if it was for a mother's love.
          I don't have all that much to say about Cinderella.  There were no scenes that scared me, so I can't comment on any of those.

          If you want a scary movie, definitely skip this one.  It is not scary.  Though if you are looking for an interesting movie, I suggest you give this one a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment