Monday, October 4, 2010

The Stranger from Afar (Marebito) - Japan

          Director:  Takashi Shimizu
          Year:  2004
          Plot:  "A fear-obsessed freelance cameraman (Shinya Tsukamoto) investigates an urban legend involving mysterious spirits that haunt the subways of Tokyo."


          Now I decided to watch this one mainly because it was directed by Takashi Shimizu.  Now he has made some really good movies, but this one isn't one of those.  It was an interesting movie, but by the end, it makes absolutely no sense.  I understand the guy was crazy by that point, but it just didn't make any sense.
          The only good points were "F", a blood drinking girl the guy finds and takes care of, but that was just cause you felt bad for her when it took the idiot so long to realize she needed blood.  I thought it was adorable when she was drinking out of the bottle.  Is that strange?  Anyway, she was the only good thing in this movie.
           I also don't like the "documentary" feel of the movie.  It irritates me.  I just don't like watching them, but because this was a Shimizu movie, I gave it a shot.  It turned out to be not so worth it.


           Skip this movie if you want something scary or creepy.  If you are bored and have nothing better to do, I guess, give it a shot.  It is in the least an interesting story.


No comments:

Post a Comment